hysterical confession, my big courageous move
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... rkerbg.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">
OOC: Brooklyn, exit stage right. Erin, Alli, if anything needs anything, please PM me, I have half a day tomorrow when I can still edit. 500+

There were only three to follow her in to the meeting: a grey male she had never seen before, Kansas and the small black puppy she assumed was part of the new litter. Brooklyn felt a twinge of guilt at not having spoken to Savina much since the birth of the pups. She recalled their fun little chat while the female had still been pregnant, but so much had happened in the mean time that she had not found the time. Or perhaps had not wanted to, who knew? Who could genuinely tell what was in her head, her heart, who could say what was going on with her? Even she did not know. Still, the white female thought, it was strange that Mati and Naniko were delayed so much. Were they being held up by some wolf at the borders? Were they even in Crimson Dreams at all? She was about to point this out to Mum and Savina when the black femme gave the terrible news.

Brooklyn's eyes widened. Her heart was racing, her breath shallow. No. It could not be. Drugs? Her mother, a drug addict? Cambria, Mati, banished, the words meant nothing to her any more. She remembered her meeting with Haven, the way her brother had broken the news about Conri. A rapist. Her father, a shadow in her life and one she wished to shed no light on, was a rapist who had hurt her mother. And now this same mother, the one who had told her of Kaelyn Trickery and admired her for looking so much like her ancestor, this mother had unintentionally harmed Cambria. Brooklyn's eyes misted over as tears threatened to spill. It could not be, not at all. Why was no one questioning this? Why were they all following, like sheep? Anger slowly replaced denial and when the male voiced his blind following, a low growl escaped the girl. So they would cast aside her mother, replace her! She, who had founded the pack and led it through times only she knew of. No, she'd lost enough already, she could bear to lose no more.

Turning to the male, Brooklyn spat out, You sheep! You do not question this? None of you do? I know my mother! Pushing herself away from the wall where she had been standing, Brooklyn paced forward, until she stood relatively to the centre of the circle. She wanted everyone to hear this, to see the anger. How can you accuse her of something like this? You too, mother? she questioned, her eyes burning with anger. Why is she not here to say her own story? Even if the drugs have made her someone new, we should still hear her out. Help her! Is she not family, nothing of our own? Isn't this what Crimson Dreams stands for, family? Helping? Brooklyn could hear no more of this. She could not stand it. Tears running down her face, the girl ran to the door, pausing to turn back and look at the assembled wolves. She may mean nothing to most of you, but she is my mother. I won't rest until I find out what's wrong with her and help her. Savina, I wish you good luck in leading our pack, but so the stars help me, I will find my mother and save her. All of you can make what you want of that. With a low keen, the girl was out the door and rushing through the lands, to find her caves, solitude and cry. Brooklyn needed a release before she could begin anything.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread