close my eyes and wait for the bomb.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... _table.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
like i promised, super fail suck and super fail short X_X

Canines a thousand years old would still be alive, true. But why was death and birth necessary in the first place? Couldn't everything just.. exist? True, that wouldn't work for like deer or animals that were food. And so much of the social structures were about respecting elders, about raising children the right way.. What was the point of it all? It seemed like things would just work so much better if everyone was able to live as long as they wanted. She was still too attached to the idea of life, clinging too desperately to the fact that death was unfair, to be able to take any of the flaws seriously in this perfect world she imagined.

"It doesn't have to be everyone." Sofi persisted sullenly. "Just like me, and you, too, maybe. And the people I care about." Kaena's story was no more or less than Sofi expected. Ten years was so old though! She thought she was younger. The ten year old wolves she had known back at home had all seemed so much more.. removed, from Sofi's life. So much older and so much less.. wild? Ferocious? Than this coyote before her. She seemed younger than ten in terms of attitude, but the experience that hung heavily on Kaena seemed about right for a coyote of that age.

Yes, it was true, she might end up with longer than she thought. The estimate of six months was just that - an estimate. An average. She could live a few more than that, maybe. Could live a few less, if the disease picked up its pace and hit her hard. "Yeah, maybe." Paused, then she shrugged. Kaena had already figured out the gist of it, and she had shared her story, so why not share a bit about herself? "Depends how fast the cancer spreads."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread