close my eyes and wait for the bomb.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... _table.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sofia didn't want to hope, again. It was too hard. Despair was too crushing when it slammed into you again, too hard to readjust to. It was easier to just stay numb to it, than to dip in and out. "Maybe." Sofi replied doubtfully, not wanting to seem rude, because Kaena sounded like she was just trying to help. But she didn't believe, couldn't actually bring herself to believe there was any real chance to be saved. "I saw a doctor back home, he figured out what it was and gave me some pages from his book." Her hand fluttered down, resting on the pants pocket that held them, feeling them crinkle beneath the fabric. "The symptoms match so far, and there's not really much I can do to stop em." Sofia didn't go into the specifics, the conversation was already uncomfortable enough. The ghastly image of herself, all limbs amputated, rose to her mind when she mentioned the lack of preventative measures.

Sofi shivered again, and this time not at the lightning and thunder outside. The rain, though, did seem to be less violent than it initially was. Was the storm passing already? How long had it been, anyway? Sure, pauses frequented this conversation, but Sofi didn't think they had been talking that long regardless.

Desperately wanting to shift the topic to something else, Sofia grabbed the first unrelated question that sprang to mind. It would have been mortifying to ask under normal circumstances, but here in this cold, drafty little building, with the rain and thunder crashing all around, with the words already spoken so boldly and blatantly on both sides.. She sort of felt like it was more okay, here, to talk about the things you never ever talked about in real life, in average social situations.

"How'd you lose your eye?" Sofi hoped all the same that it would be obvious, at least, that she didn't mean to offend, that she just wanted to be distracted, that she didn't want to dwell overlong on the subject that she couldn't ever erase completely from her mind. Even when happy, there was the shadow in the back of her skull. True, sometimes it further brightened the day, to think that she was spending her time well, but it didn't change the fact that it was affecting her, always always influencing every thought and feeling of every sort. She pleaded, with her green eyes, for the older female to let that topic rest, to carry conversation forward, even if it eventually ended up elsewhere than Kaena's injuries. The point wasn't the destination of the conversation, it was just to leave this thing behind.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread