close my eyes and wait for the bomb.
[html]
I powerplay a little, hope it's OK?

mall-caps;">In Character

The silvery hybrid listened to the storm outside. The thunder hadn't rumbled in some time, and it sounded as if the rain was decreasing. It was already dark outside, so the hybrid could see no difference in the driving rain. It did feel as though the earth had ceased to rage around them, and after a moment her scarred head turned back to her companion, listening with polite attentiveness. Her eye followed the woman's hand to her pocket, cocking her head to the side. She was not sure if she wished to read those papers. For one thing, she probably wouldn't understand them, and for another she was not absolutely certain she wanted to know what horrible ways one's body could choose to revolt.

The silver coyote frowned, nodding slowly. "It must be hard for you," she said softly, shaking her head. On an impulse, the hybrid reached out and seized the younger canine's shoulder in a firm but painless grip, perhaps trying to channel her own strength into the silver woman. "Be as strong as you can," the hybrid added, her voice somewhat taut. She felt for this young woman and her death sentence, a burning desire to help, to do something. She was too young for this fate; it felt more fitting for an old, scarred thing like herself. The silver canine's hand dropped from the younger hybrid's shoulder, and it was Kaena's turn to feel awkward, her sun-yellow eye turning to the floors, the walls, anything but Sofi's olive-colored gaze.

The younger canid shivered, and the hybrid finally looked back toward her, surprised at the question. She remembered quite well; Kryptic had come rather close to removing both of her eyes. The scar to the side of her remaining good eye was also thanks to that wolf, also—there was less than an inch between that thick scar and her sun-colored eye. "A wolf stole it from me. I don't even remember why we were fighting, it was so long ago." The silvery woman sounded almost light and airy as she explained this to Sofi. It was surely true; Kaena couldn't recall anything beyond Kryptic's face and the searing pain of his canine tooth penetrating her right eyeball. "And this one, too, is thanks to that wolf," she said, indicating the scar to the side of her good eye. "I suppose I should be blind," she ventured, still marveling at how she had not lost her other eye.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread