too many days to get lost.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_columbus.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Pfft, I don't really expect people to in-depth read profiles! I'm just fanatical about it myself. XD Awww, that's cute and sad all at once. ;; And please excuse this post, I am extremely tired and I've been awake 20 hours and I probably should have slept about five hours ago! XD

The hybrid woman was highly intrigued by this creature, and as she studied him she realized he was either an extremely high percentage coyote hybrid, or he was a pureblood. She decided on the latter after a brief moment, detecting not even the slightest hint of wolf in his few visible features. His muzzle had the distinct coyote taper, and what she could see of his ears were wholly coyote. The woman did not wonder why he didn't join Inferni. The clan life was generally rougher for pure coyotes, since they lacked many of the social tendencies of their larger cousins. The hybrid woman herself was often awkward in larger groups, and she felt drained after social encounters involving groups. Her time spent as the Aquila had better socialized her, though it was too little, far too late. Kaena was, for the most part, a lost cause; she was hopelessly inverted and asocial in most crowd situations. She supposed that was the coyote's downfall, and her wolf blood deserved a begrudging nod for having kept her sane when the coyote in her would have rather gone six months without speaking to another friendly soul. They often brought competing thoughts and impulses into her brain, and even age and experience had not given Kaena a remedy for that. There was brief envy in her eye of the perched coyote, though it faded quickly as the coyote spoke, an unrecognizable but vaguely familiar word slipping from his mouth.

Her head cocked, confusion on her face. She had correctly identified the word as Latin, though she had no idea as to what it meant, and even if Onus had explained it, the hybrid still would have been at a loss. Her father's brief period of education had taught the Lykoi woman a smattering of Latin words—including inferni, which was translated either as "the dead" or, more poetically, "the shades below." It was also roughly how she knew her last name's meaning, though it was in a different language Kaena knew next to nothing about. The hybrid didn't wish to appear stupid, but she was too curious about the lake and the cause of its phosphorescence. "I don't know what that is," she admitted, though there was no shame in her voice. The world was vast, and at nine years and change, the coyote had learned not to scoff at potential knowledge, regardless of whether or not it came from high on a tree branch. Maybe "bacteria" was a human chemical remnant in the lake. Maybe she was lucky she hadn't taken a drink from it. That thought struck her, and she committed the word to memory, just in case the coyote before her refused to tell her for some strange reason, just so she could find out what it was and whether or not it was dangerous.

Again, the coyote's head moved, though this time it was forward, closer to the treebound canine. She was extremely inquisitive, both for the matter of the bacteria and as to the condition of the coyote's eyesight. The elder woman herself knew the strain and change of eye loss, and she also knew how the other senses almost sharpened, making up for the lost sense. In Kaena's case, unfortunately, her ear on the side of her missing eye was also tattered, reducing her vision and hearing on the right side in general. For all her curiosity, the Lykoi wouldn't ask him about it yet. It was too forward a question, and they were far too unfamiliar. She supposed she would find out sooner or later. Experience and longevity had taught Kaena a lot, and she was also familiar with the art of observation, however rarely she chose to exercise it on the forefront. It simply wasn't her style—she preferred to swoop in, unexpected, guns blazing. There was no other way for her. In a past life, the grizzled old woman would have been perfectly happy swinging an axe or a sword in battle.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread