Ethnology and bibliography
[html]

I pray to you

You did not fail. It was not spoken encouragingly or comforting, it was not soft spoken as was her custom. The voice that spoke was that of the Rosea, authoritative and firm. It was a statement and spoken in a manner that indicated, regardless of Cwmfen’s personal feelings on the matter, it was not to be argued. Cercelee did not consider what Cwmfen did, or rather did not do, a failure. If that was to be considered a failure, then the attack Cercelee had suffered from Hybrid, leaving her useless to Dahlia in Twilight Vale was a personal failure and for her own mental health Cercelee did not consider it such. Even when others did. As leaders they had little room for error and Cercelee would not acknowledge that which had passed and could not be changed. Learn from it, perhaps, but never dwell on it. Never count it among the list of failings.

Still, Onus had been thanked once. He had done not only Cwmfen a favor but all of Dahlia, even if his motives had been purely personal in keeping the woman he loved alive. Thank Onus again for me though. Had that coyote not have been there… Cercelee did not spend too much time thinking of it. That was not the reality and imagining the worse was a waste of time. Cercelee only hoped that the male knew how grateful she, and Dahlia by extension, was. Haku perhaps was the exception, he had been informed of Cwmfen’s situation surely, but he was not happy with Onus’s role in it, or rather the reward Onus had been granted. To come and go in the claimed lands. Still, at times, Cercelee’s word triumphed.

Cercelee’s patience. The Rosea had that, perhaps more for the Adonis who so rarely required it, than for the others. With Haku her patience grew thin at times, strained by their past together. With Svara and Firefly her patience had run out and so had the women’s welcome in her pack lands. With Slay it was at a breaking point. Everyday that she went home a cloud descended and she got no rest from sleeping in the bed. Yet with Cwmfen there were ample amounts. A plethora of patience. Of course. You always have that.

Though I don't know who you are
[/html]

Messages In This Thread