our flesh & blood has found me in your arms.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_rain.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; text-align:justify;"> I love how blissfully oblivious Kaena is here. And I assumed Sam is in Lupus form? If not, PM me and I'll edit this shiz. :3

The ocean had held sway over Kaena since Inferni's first home. For the longest time, she knew only the Atlantic coast with its cold water and smallish waves. Gabriel had told her of the ocean on the other side of the world, and she'd told him then she would have liked to see it. When she spoke those words, she didn't think it would happen, but chasing Astaroth and Eris halfway across the world had led her there. She had seen the Pacific ocean, its anger and waves dwarfing even the raging coast Inferni had once called home. It had been a sight, and everything Gabriel had said was true. She did not miss it; it was a strange, frightening, and beautiful thing all at once, but it was not her coast. This was more similar, though the water was certainly far calmer than Hell's Coast.

Though twilight was certainly setting in, Kaena was content to remain on the sand, enjoying the solitude and tranquility of this place. She had no idea of the pack that had formerly lived here, nor the caves containing their artifacts. Her exploration of this private little spot had mostly pertained to the ocean, which she was quite glad to see unmolested by pesky pack wolves. She was not paying attention to anything but the ocean itself, watching the growing darkness spread across the horizon, staining the sea black and purple beneath it. The stars began to appear, slowly and dimly until they devoured the sky, turning it from a bruise-blue to a spotted, sparkling canvas. The yellowed tips of Kaena's canine teeth appeared as she smiled, a slow thing which spread across her face, a strange contentedness and quietness falling over her as she watched the ocean grow dark.

There was little wind in the air of the secluded beach; it was still save for the gentle ocean breeze, blowing Kae's scent toward Samael. Even as the younger coyote made his way clumsily down the same path she'd taken, stumbling in his eagerness to meet his maker, her dark ears did not detect his sounds, not until he was just behind her and breathing her name. The word drove a bolt of lightning through the tattooed chest of the scarred woman, and she whirled immediately to face her son, that single, brilliant eye widening in surprise as she stared at the gold and black coyote, gazing back into Astaroth's eyes as she looked at his slim coyote face. Her jaw hung slightly agape, and their reactions mirrored each other. He wasn't supposed to be among the living; he was supposed to have died from sickness eating his mind away.

The Lykoi woman exhaled after a long moment, her eye fluttering as she looked him over. He was older, worn with more scars and the glint of madness in his eye, but maybe that had been there all along, and the sickness had just eaten away whatever healthy parts of his mind were left. Still, no matter what was left of the Samael she remembered, love flared in her chest for the creature, albeit one far purer than the one that burned in the heart and loins of her son. "Samael," she said, whispering his name, savoring its taste. Like him, she hadn't expected to see her son until she crossed the threshold and entered the spirit world. For all her thoughts of the devils and demons waiting to exact their revenge on her in the afterlife, it hadn't occurred to Kae that perhaps she would have allies by her side, ready to fight for her.

There was a smile on her face, twisted by the scars criss-crossing her features, those deadly yellowed canines baring without an ounce of malice. There was already too much distance between them, and Kaena could not stand even the few feet between them. She was still two-legged, but she crept closer to her four-legged son, peering into his scarred face. She remembered those wounds well, and she'd delivered a (clawless) slap in return to Gabriel, though it hadn't left a permanent mark on her elder son as he had Samael. She frowned faintly, and reached out to touch him, her silver fingers brushing against his golden fur. "And I missed you," she said softly, though she didn't speak of him being dead. That phrase—I thought you were dead—had been uttered too often to her, and it produced a strange enough feeling hearing it, let alone speaking it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread