our flesh & blood has found me in your arms.
[html]

She grabbed his hand, roughly pulling his nails away from his throat. Eyes widened in surprise, almost seeming disappointed. He wanted her fangs to slice through his neck, severing his veins and splashing his dark blood on the pale sand. He wanted to feel his own mother killing him, leaving him but a still corpse abandon on the beach—the silence of the night and the crashing of the waves his only epitaph. Only death befit the twisted, dark soul, for this world wasn’t meant for him. He’d even been marked as a sinner by some stranger, carving a permanent scar into his flesh to brand him as an outcast of society, like Cain for killing his own brother. But Kaena refused to kill him. She shook her head, the words softly emitting from her muzzle in a hoarse, dull tone. “But I’m a monster,” he said, muzzle breaking into a vicious, violent grin. His expression was mad, a soft, faint laugh growing in his throat. Kaena was too perfect for him. She loved her family above all else. She killed and murdered as she saw fit, bathing the world in blood. But Samael was imperfect. He was flawed and broken, half relieved his mother knew of his dark desires, and yet wishing to once again pretend everything was fine as they’d always done before.

But he couldn’t change who he was—in fact, he embraced it. There was nothing he would do to change the monster he was born to be, and only death could stop him, cast eternally into the abyss. Darkness danced in his vision, demons sliding into view and creeping ever closer. He bared his fangs at the shadows, smiling in the face of imminent death and damnation. “I could do it myself if you’d like,” he purred softly, again moving closer to his mother. He nuzzled Kaena’s chin, licking her bony jaw. “That way you won’t even have to bloody your hands.” Puppy-like, he leaned fully against her chest, curling up and soaking in her warmth. Dark nose sought her fur, burying itself in her coat as he spoke. “I could tear out my own throat in some far-away cave. You don’t even have to watch, and no one would have to find me.” He smiled in an innocent manner that didn’t quite reflect the words he spoke. If she wished him to kill himself then for her, and only her, he would.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread