Crush my bones, I'll smile
[html]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/hakuban.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
(500) I am perfectly aware of that Kaena only has one eye, but I think I more often than not add the one eyeball extra in my writing? D: Fail me!

He was intrigued by the lack of fear. There were certain individuals that quite quickly revealed their extra worth. Some were meant to stand out in a crowd. The woman’s age alone, now when those blue, calculating eyes invested her much more closely in detail, was out of the ordinary. Her body was strong and muscular still, but there were signs of age everywhere. How old could she be? Eight years or possibly more? That would make her the oldest canine he had encountered. He wondered if she would prove sufficient if they were to clash together. Haku quickly reached out and dressed himself in that brilliant arrogance that came with power and strength, but he was always careful with underestimating new opponents. She was a strong and proud individual, he did not question that fact.

While her features twisted and bright fangs were bared, the male kept his still position, merely watching the smaller canine, wondering if she knew that she was toying with one of the devil’s own devilish pets. For a moment the most obvious threat in her face seemed to fade away together with an unworthy answer, although that lonely eye of hers gleamed darkly back at him. The chocolate demon pondered what would become of the female if she was to lose her last eye as well. Her voice sounded a second time with such a delicious taunting tone, and the male could not keep from mirroring that mischievous grin, finding her behaviour deliciously appealing. His mind did not question certain sensations any longer. More often than not nowadays, he just followed and played along like the good boy he was.

Several moments passed before he decided to dignify her with an answer, although it was he that sought further information, not she. ”There’s a certain related youngster waddling around with your kind, yes.” His voice was slow and dark, and was spiced with the smile that still rested oh so comfortably on Haku Soul’s dark lips. Could this doing have a touch of Gabriel in it? Haku had considered that possibility, but judged it as far below the Aquila’s dignity to make such a lowly move as to mix his own blood together with that of Haku’s, going through Colibri Soul to create that connection. The world was an odd place, Haku knew that well. It was just that it fitted so well by not making any sense at all. That it had all been merely a coincidence, now that the demon did not want to believe in.

The secui rolled his shoulders casually and let his pose take a less tense appearance, though the move was only meant to deceive. ”Family is so important, I’d be grateful for any information about them. I'd love to hear about them, perhaps meet them. Spend some true quality time and all that jazz.” the man continued, still wearing that heavy voice, dragging the words out from the pit of his stomach one by one. Family was like air to some individuals; they were unable to live without it, but Haku saw family and such ties as something ugly, something that only weighted an individual down. All his ties were either broken or in the breaking. Haku would face the end of the world in complete solitude.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread