Crush my bones, I'll smile
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... tblood.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:248px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Haha, omg, I had to try sooo very hard to break myself of that habit. And I still do it sometimes!!

Perhaps in the years to come, Kaena would lose sight in her remaining eye, whether it was through fighting an opponent or simple aging. A cataract had not yet begun to develop in the Lupceri woman's remaining golden eyeball, but that did not mean it never would. Such a fate would certainly restrict her to Inferni's territory for the rest of her days, living them out in the dimmest depths of Inferni's caves. But she would live, and there was comfort in that simple fact alone. She would be the ancient in the ground, ready to lend her insight and judgment if the coyote clan called upon her, watching the years tick by. There was a certain immortality in that—when her time on this earth ended, her bones would remain, slowly turning to dust beneath the dirt.

From the darkness came more words, ringing out clearly even in the rain. The grizzled woman's ears pricked up with curiosity, her single searing eye regarding that cobalt blue gaze. Jael was related to this beast? The information was enough to cause the woman to have a seat at the edge of the cabin, though she did not do so out of shock or surprise. She knew Jael had wolf family; it was obvious enough by his appearance and the knowledge of Vitium's rape of Colibri Soul. She settled to her haunches easily, almost casually, though she did not for an instant remove that radiant eye of fire from where she knew the wolf's face to be, though it was obscured in shade. It was comforting to know the other side regarded them as lowly as she thought of them; that amused grin showed plainly on her face for a moment.

That idea had not left her, even as Haku spoke words that tugged on the woman's rotted heartstrings. Family was just that important to her, and the words struck home. Still, he was a wolf, and she did not know a damn thing about him. She would not be so easily worn down, and it showed on her face after a moment, the gaze again hardening as she looked at him. "I wonder where you were for the first few months of his life. Surely you know he stayed with his mother the first few months of his life," the coyote said dryly, careful not to refer to Jael's siblings verbally, though Enigma and Halo weighed heavily on her mind.

"I am his grandmother," the coyote said, seemingly out of the blue. There was still the matter of what she would get in return, though there was surely no way to bind the man to his word even if he were to agree to tell her about Skylar, and even then there was no way to validate whatever information he provided. She supposed the same held true for her, however, and as she regarded the wolf she wondered if either was willing to trust the other side for even a moment, even for that most valuable of resources, information. "What relation do you claim to him?" she asked, attempting to allude to a trade. She had given him a piece of validity, would he return the favor?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread