Crush my bones, I'll smile
[html]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/hakuban.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
(300)

The tainted beast remained still, adored and embraced by shadows as the woman decided that he was interesting enough. She sat down quietly, and he wondered if she had failed to detect the invalidity in his words. Unless one knew the male well, it could be hard to be certain if his words were deceiving. Most beings did treasure those blood ties. Blood was so much thicker than water, but he preferred to open those veins rather than guard. The secui had yet to successfully kill one of his own, though he had almost taken his mother’s life many years ago. He had lived in that belief, but she had somehow survived. Next time he would have to let her bleed out instead of blocking her airways. The heart and pulse could be so deceiving. The demon had also determined that it would be necessary to devour her soul. Such a treat strengthened the taint and gave him power to wield that darkness that Corvus Vendetta had spoken so fondly of.

”Do not attempt to play around with me, female.” the man warned lightly, although that had probably not been her intention. He would not be interrogated though, not in any way for any reason. She was to answer him or fail to return home tonight and every other night. Gabriel had promised that the demon’s blood would leak in heavy streams from his body if he took a clan member’s life, but Haku wanted a war with freshly maimed corpses to bask in. If she was a grandmother, then perhaps it was time for her body to lie down and rest under soil. He found that he actually wished for that. ”I’m his brother, now give me what I’ve asked for and you will live.” The man had quickly learned that delaying death could be so delicious sometimes. In anger, he became a grinding machine, ripping and tearing creatures apart, but he was not out of control now, and he would not be light on the hand if there was information to be retrieved.

He shifted slowly, muscles tensing, ready to explode into movement if she dared to refuse to cooperate. Creatures like her should not be alive at that age. Their general life span was usually around one to four years. Haku was four and also slightly above his estimated lifespan. Dahlia had protected him well and gave him immunity from many creatures that would have liked to taste his tainted blood.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread