Crush my bones, I'll smile
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_jaws.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:221px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
    There was a change in the cabin, and a deeper part of Kaena sensed it, that familiarity with demonic entities and those who claimed to be, the minor ones haunting her head and soul. She remained crouched outside of the cabin, at once fascinated and bold, too self-assured to sense the very real danger in the soul trapped in the cabin. His words fell on her ears and the snarl returned briefly, having no tolerance for being spoken to by a creature half her age. There was something subtly difference about the voice that echoed from the darkness. "No one's playing, not when it comes to my family," she stated. The reply was cool and curt, though now her head was down and she was inching backwards, having no intention to run but wishing nonetheless to distance herself from that which she could not see. There were a few precious, sodden feet between her and the ruins, and Kaena liked it that way.

His next words were familiar, and even as her ears detected the crunch of bone and the soft noises of rippling flesh, the coyote couldn't help but sneer. She was growing exceptionally tired of Jael's wolf family. If this one was so deadly, let him come and get her. Her own shift began fluidly, quickened by the adrenaline in her blood. She fell forward onto her hands as the grew larger, the fingers shrinking back and becoming those familiar halfling paws, each toe tipped with a deadly-sharp claw which was fully extended. Either he was a pretender or a demon, and either way, Kaena would not acquiesce to his threat. She shrugged one Secui shoulder, the scars across it rippling. "I don't think Jael would appreciate it much if I die. Or do you really give a shit about him?" the coyote said, growling now as she suspected this wolf of fraud. If this was what the other side of his family was like, she had no interest.

It was not like the de le Poers; there was no silent reverence here. She hardly knew their surname, but they were worthless, excepting their minor contribution to Kaena's gene pool. The hybrid had been passive in speaking of death, but now as the thought loomed on her head, electric coursed through her veins, illuminating those old bones and giving her strength. Not yet. If he wanted to beat the information he desired out of her, he had picked the wrong hybrid, and Kaena's single golden eye sized up the darkness, waiting and ready for whatever was in there. There was still no trace of fear on the hybrid's body; her scarred head was lowered and her muzzle was pointed almost to the ground, protective of her most vital places. Ancient instinct flowed into her mind, quieting the incessant whispers in her ear for a moment, and there was no thought, just simple readiness.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread