set things right
[html]
wheeee~ 329 words

One thing that Ares didn't understand was the aspect of his story that Princess had discovered during when she first found Tokyo in Dahlia de Mai. It wasn't only the crimes of his father that he carried on his shoulders, but also the brunt of his mother's grief at losing Champion. If she had ever truly loved anyone besides herself, it had been Champ, and her children had driven him away from her forever. Tokyo wasn't exactly the best wolf before that incident in her life, but it had certainly contributed a good deal in breaking her further.

The problem with Savina's words, her answer, was Princess. If Tokyo had been uniformly abusive, if she had cruel without regard to specifics, it would make more sense... But Ares knew she loved Princess. He had seen it. Of course, his mind skipped mostly over the times that Tokyo would hurt her daughter, but it wasn't intentional, they just didn't stick out in his mind as much. It was hard enough to remember those days, or at least to remember anything other than the dull ache of his bones and muscles, of tears and hunger and Princess getting everything, anything she wanted.. Tokyo loved Princess, he knew that with every fiber of the being, and it wasn't fair it wasn't fair at all. Even if she hadn't been a good mother to Princess, even if he taught her bad things.. She loved her.

He nodded, though, at her comment about apologizing to Amata. Yeah, he would probably.. In a while, though. He felt sort of really embarrassed about this whole thing and sort of just wanted to ignore it for a while. Eventually he could probably man up and face her. But.. later. "Yeah.. yeah, maybe I will. Thanks.. thanks for letting me stay. I'm gonna head out now." Tail still curled under his belly, ear pressed against his skull, Ares gave a faint half-smile at his leader and slunk quickly away.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread