come take me higher
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... otable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

Those furiously fluttering thoughts that had been plaguing his mind the past few days were finally calmed. Naniko seemed at ease, tossing him a friendly greeting before explaining the bird in her arms. The tension that Ehno hadn’t notice settle into his shoulders melted away and he relaxed. A sense of relief flooded the Marino and for the moment, everything began to feel normal again. A smile crept to his muzzle, a sincere one that hadn’t graced his lips for weeks. “Hey. I’ve been alright… how about you?” The question of her drug use fluttered to mind again, but he ignored it, instead stepping a little closer to inspect the D’Angelo lady’s recently deceased patient. His heart sank a little as he examined the still creature. His amber gaze shifted to the sea after a moment, feeling odd to be staring at the dead little blackbird. Naniko’s comment about the scenery drew his eyes back to her, though he consciously avoided the bundle in her arms. “It is rather beautiful here. I think it would be nice for you to bury it here.”

The conversation took an abrupt turn as the white furred lady brought up the subject that had been weighing heavily in Ehno’s mind. “That… that’s great, Nani! I’m glad to hear it.” It was wonderful to hear that she had indeed chosen to give up using that horrible substance. The fact that she had started healing again was a good sign; it showed that the old Naniko was returning. “Me? Just some carpentry and keeping an eye on the pack.” He paused a moment, a hint of seriousness flashing in his gold eyes. “How are you holding up?” he asked softly. No matter how strong she appeared now, he knew that this had to be a tough situation for her. The man had heard that trying to give up certain drugs could be very hard. Putting that together with the fact that she had been forced out of her home, away from her family and friends, made her situation seem even tougher. He didn’t intend to add a somber note to their relatively light conversation, but he just needed to make sure she was ok.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread