come take me higher
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... itbann.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She motioned toward one of the caves. She could bury the bird outside one of them and put a rock over the grave, or something, to mark it and remember it. There were rocks over many graves in many different territories, patients that she had found in various places that hadn't survived over the last year. She could hardly believe that more than a year had passed since they had come to these new lands. It felt like so much longer. And it hadn't been that long that she had known Savina or Ehno, either. They hadn't come from the same place she had.

"I've been doing really good. I didn't feel so good at first...but one of my friends from the city is helping me. I'm helping her too--we both have the same problem. The addiction. It's a never-ending battle, Ehno." She knelt down, using her paw to begin to dig. She dug deep and wide, big enough for the entire bird, then placed it gently down in the bottom of the hole. After that she picked up the sand that she'd dug out of the hole, pouring it over the animal. She lastly picked up a large, shiny black rock, placing it over top of the now filled-in hole. It was good that he was doing well, that he was keeping an eye on the pack. He was a good member...he'd always been a good member.

He asked how she'd been doing and she looked up for a moment. She was doing okay some days, and some days she was doing horrible. It just depended on the day. There were times when the need for the drugs felt like a fire within her, consuming her thoughts and actions. But so far she had managed to resist. She'd asked Sabeen to lock her in a room, one time, to keep her from it. Naniko patted down the sand around the hole while she thought about an answer. Her long braid hung down beside her head, the end of it running through the dark sand as she patted the area down. "I'll be better in a little while. The urges go away, after a time, I've read. I wasn't using them for too terribly long."

She stood back up, dusting her hands off and trying to get some of the dark specks out of her white braid. "I could start a fire, if you want to stay a while. It's getting dark." One of the things that she had really been wondering about was whether Cambria was okay. She didn't know if she had the right to ask that...especially if the little girl hadn't survived it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread