come take me higher
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... otable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

Ehno followed the healer to one of the caves and leaned against the rough stone wall when they came to a halt. He was surprised to find out that Naniko had a friend with her in the city going through the same situation, though he was glad to hear it. It was quite a relief to discover that the D’Angelo lady was not in the city alone while she fought the battle against her addiction. It was good to hear that she was doing better now, but he still worried. “I can’t imagine how hard it must be for you. At least you are not alone out there.” She claimed that it was a never ending battle. Ehno could only imagine how hard this really was on her. He had heard stories that fighting drug addiction could be a very difficult ordeal. As he looked at Naniko now, he believed that she could handle it. He had faith in her.

He watched her dig a small grave for her fallen patient in silence. The bird was placed in to the freshly disturbed earth and was soon covered with a blanket of dark sand. As she placed the smooth, dark stone over the freshly packed earth, Ehno closed his eyes for a brief moment and wished the bird a pleasant eternal rest. It was interesting how his views on other animals seemed to change when they were not his prey. He opened his amber eyes after a moment and focused them once more on Naniko, listening intently as she addressed his previous question. Briefly, some part of his mind wondered how long the D’Angelo lady had been using the drugs. If she had changed that much while only using them for a short while, he hated to think how different she would be had her addiction gone on longer. But he pushed the thought away quickly. What was important was that she would get better, that one day in the future she would no longer have to battle her addiction so fiercely. “I hope you get better soon.”

Ehno’s eyes darted to the setting sun at her suggestion, suddenly realizing how late the day had become. The Italian man had planned on staying around this peculiar cove for the night, intending to decide his travel plans in the morning. He was glad for the company, especially since he had not seen Naniko since she fled the pack lands. He turned his attention back to her and nodded. “That sounds like a good idea. I’ll go get some wood for the fire, then.” His feet took him across the dark sands quickly, steering him toward a small pile of driftwood a good distance from the shore. He picked through the pile in silence, snatching up a piece of wood here and there that appeared to be significantly dry. When he had a small bundle in his arms, he returned to the line of small caves and placed the wood on the ground in front of them.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread