come take me higher
[html]
Table by Jael
ooc: <3 my post is horrible!

She couldn't understand how her drugs would have caused anyone to fall into a depression, with the way that they had affected her...but maybe they had some kind of a reverse effect on children. She didn't know. She didn't know anything about the drugs, actually, just where to find them. What were they made of? Who had made them originally? What would they do to a wolf over a long period of time? She didn't know the answers to any of those questions. Naniko had once considered herself to be a very knowledgeable wolf.

She let out a breath of air that she hadn't realized she had been holding when she was told that Cambria was doing well physically, though. She hadn't died from it or been injured. "Good. With my own as old as they are...I forget sometimes how inquisitive the little ones can be." She said.

Naniko didn't know what the future held for her, if she might return to Crimson Dreams. What if her return did more damage than good? If Cambria was already depressed, she didn't see how her return to the pack would improve the little girl's feelings. And Savina, Anu, and Mati...Naniko had been the one that had done this; it would take a very long time for anyone to trust her. So many things had branched off of that one thing that she'd done, leaving her bag out in the open. If she hadn't left it out, then she'd still be in Crimson Dreams with her friends and family instead of out here by herself night after night.

But it was all in the past. She just wanted to know how they were doing, if everyone there was okay. It was different, having to ask how they were doing instead of being there and experiencing it for herself. "Everyone's going to be so mad at me...they are mad at me. I don't know how long I should stay out here...but the city feels more like home every day, Ehno." She stopped looking at the fire and glanced outside of the cave mouth, seeing spots because of the light difference. "I don't have anything to worry about out here...most of the time." She had led two packs herself and raised her own children--was it sad that she was still afraid of the dark every once in a while? Perhaps it wasn't the dark itself, though...but what was hiding out in the dark. She looked back across the fire, rubbing her hands together a little. Even though the fire was warm, parts of her felt chilled to the bone.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread