Bad News is Good News
End here. Smile.

The gray wolfess could almost taste the flavor of Jazper's yearning for a family on the back of her tongue. It was palpable, like something in the air. She wanted to comfort her friend, but she knew better than to intone her thoughts any further. It was a moot point. The man wanted blood ties, and someone to love. That required flesh and blood instead of the mere ghost of words. And words were all the woman had to offer. She wished there was some other way she could ease his suffering, some way to fill the void inside of him. But she had to swallow the fact that she was helpless to solve this problem.

She did laugh at Jazz's small joke. It was a soft sound. And she moved forward to brush her muzzle fondly against his. Someday, she was certain, he would get what he wanted. Geneva hadn't even been looking for love, and it had surprised her, time and again since she had arrived here. She suspected that Jazper would encounter love in the least likely place, and that when it finally did come for him, he would have a good stretch of time to consider it.

Geneva was not the sort to dive right into a situation. It used to be because she was so uncertain of herself, but now she had grown in confidence. She was cautious by nature and did not trust her own heart. She was far more comfortable with her thoughts, and she could not figure out emotion. It was irrational. She felt secure with patterns and logic. But, however irrational, she knew that her feelings for Jefferson were true. And from her strange feelings, she had derived a choice, to love and choose him above all others. It put the power back in her hands.

"I think I need to get back to the Valley," Geneva said, smiling apologetically. "If you're ever in the area, please visit me. You're always welcome," she said before turning back toward home.

Messages In This Thread