Music Feeds My Soul
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Okay, cool! And sorry about the quality of this post—I don’t know where my brain is! OnO
300+

At the sound of her name being called in return, the young girl bounced up, her tail wagging as her neck craned back so that she could see him. She smiled brightly. But when he suddenly picked her up, her mouth making a round ‘o’ as she uttered a, "Woah!" The world was moving like a whirlwind around her, and her round eyes struggled to watch all the colours. But she found that if she just watched Jazz, things were less crazy. And then suddenly he had let go of her, and she screamed and squealed in delight, only slightly afraid. But she felt safe with Jazz, and this was just like rolling down the hill, only it was like flying in the air, like a bird or a butterfly. Giggling, she nuzzled him in return, her little nose burrowing in his chest as she smiled and closed her eyes, her tail continuing to wag. A quiet was made before she was set on the seat next to him.

She watched, amazed, as he picked up the violin and silently demonstrated the way in which it was used. For a moment, the Sadira pup simply sat there, not knowing what to say. "A bi-lin?" The blue and green eyes watched the strangely shaped instrument intently. "That’s amazing!" Amata looked back at the large, black male and smiled. It was also amazing to the pup that a pretty sound like the sound that she had heard could be made by a boy! She was only just learning that there were not necessarily such strict gender boundaries as she thought. When he told her that she needed hands to play the violin, she paused and looked down at a paw that she lifted, staring at the paw pads beneath and wondering why her paws wouldn’t work. Even the piano, he said, would be easier when she was older. "I’s wants to grows up now," the young voice said suddenly, looking at the yellow eyes, "so that I’s cans plays the bi-lin and pi-no, too." There was a little pout on her muzzle. Sometimes it wasn’t so fun being small. She was even sure that if she had been bigger, Air-es Chance wouldn’t have hurt her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread