ain't your fairytale
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_jaws.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:221px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Aaah, I forgot how fun it is to write for pissed Kaena. :p I'm sorry, and I swear next round I will not write a long post. :| I usually don't during fights anyways!

There was clear anger in the scarred canine's features. The russet splash across her muzzle writhed with anger, those coal lips pulled back to expose those fatal teeth. Xeris seemed innocuous enough, but Kaena would not be fooled. Gabriel had made it crystal clear how things were between Phoenix Valley and Inferni, and that scent radiating from her was clear enough. Inferni had clear enough visual and olfactory borders; they hadn't hung gleaming white skulls from the trees and posted them at sticks just for the aesthetic value. The wolf spoke, which was something of a surprise to Kaena. Though her words were surely not malicious, the coyote still advanced on stiff legs, closing the distance between them slowly.

A glimmering fire-yellow eye sized up the other female, noting they were roughly the same size. Whatever size advantage her pure blood had granted her was gone, and they were roughly equals in that manner. Xeris might have had an inch and five pounds on Kaena, but it was hardly enough of a difference to translate into a serious handicap for the elder coyote, should her aggression escalate. Kaena surely had years on the pallid Valley wolf, which was both advantageous and a hindrance; while she surely had the blessing of experience, her advanced age had slowed her down some. Still, it was not enough to completely cancel that one thing Kaena held above all else—her simple familiarity with combat. These were instant truths to the Veritas as that solo eye roved the ghost-wolf's body just once.

Immediately that snarl widened at the woman's words, the growl again resonating from her throat. She was supposed to believe that? Skylar had fed almost the same lines, and her story had constantly shifted from the very moment Kaena had begun her interrogation. It hadn't made sense then, and now that she'd churned the matter over again in her head, it really didn't make sense. Skylar was roughly the same age as Jael, but he might have edged her out by several months. Why would Colibri have taken another coyote lover so soon after being raped by a coyote? There was no proof either way, but the coyote felt in her bones that Skylar had been lying. This wolf's presence on Inferni land and the pack smell she had inflamed the Veritas's suspicions even more.

Her raspy voice issued forth like a hiss, seething rage only halfway masked as she spat her words out. "I'm supposed to believe that," she said, now beginning to walk in a half-circle around the white wolf. The serrated ridge of sable fur along her spine stood on end, that burning eye regarding the similarly hued gaze of the wolf. Everything in Kaena's pacing and her body screamed aggression; the wolf's continued presence here agitated her, and the attempt to talk her way out of this had made the coyote even angrier. Why didn't they ever just run? "Like you don't know you're walking on Inferni's soil." The possessive words rolled from her mouth so easily, emphasizing the word "Inferni" above anything else, dropping it like an explosion into the sentence which faded into another growl.

Without warning, the sky opened up, sheets of rain almost immediately beginning to pour from the sky. The coyote remained, unfazed by the sudden squall. The fervor in her heart matched the weather perfectly, and goaded her to fury. She moved suddenly in a flash of white-hot lightning that streaked across the sky and illuminated everything, her brilliantly white target glowing as if painted with neon. Her teeth snapped closed inches next to the wolf's head in a dire warning to the female. If Kaena had intended to strike then, she would have, surely; there was still some chance for Xeris to run, though surely the devil herself would snap at her heels all the way out of Inferni.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread