Let the hurricane set in motion, yeah
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: You can close this once you've read it. Kinda short. :<

Cercelee's laughter was music to his ears, setting his anxieties aside as she found amusement from his weak jokes. If he could still bring a smile to her face, then he was not a complete failure... He had not ruined their mateship beyond repair. He might never figure out why she had so much faith in him, the lazy layabout she let mooch around in her church, but he was grateful that she hadn't dumped him yet.

She spoke softly, one last reassurance to make sure his heart was in the right place. And this time, there was real uncertainty in her anxious gaze. What was she afraid of finding? Nervously, Slay swallowed the lump in his throat. Would he ever feel ready for fatherhood? He had tried and failed to connect to the de Sadira littermates, and that was one of the only real experiences he'd had at raising children. He liked being around little ones, but that was as a playmate, not some disciplinary figure. It was already clear that Cercelee would be the one to teach them right from wrong, and Slay would get walked all over... Could he ever pull his weight as an equal?

"I..." his voice cracked, and he licked his lips, trying to answer her as honestly as he could without contradicting his promise. "I do want this. It scares me, but... you're the one I'm spending my life with. My best friend. And I want you to be happy." He smiled helplessly as she licked his nose, warmth washing over him. That was the best answer he could give her - he would make mistakes, but he was willing to learn from them. Willing to try, which was more than could be said of his previous attempts at change. If he lost his Cercelee for any reason, that would be the end of everything. He was going to try this time. He had to.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread