A Thorn in My Paw
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

300+

Slowly and gradually, panic began to sink in. She was alone and, she realized suddenly, outside of her safe pack, and her paw hurt so that she couldn’t walk. Returning home to ask Mamma or Dadda or the other adults for help didn’t seem like a reasonable possibility. And her little howls wouldn’t reach anyone. She would be stuck here forever! The tears fell from her eyes in big drops as she sat there, falling silent as she held her paw up in the air where it wouldn’t get hurt from the ground. Amata didn’t understand—all she wanted was to play, and the mean line in her paw didn’t want her to. Small whimpers began to sound as the crying grew louder. Why was she so alone? She should have paid attention, but playing was not hurting anyone, and it was fun. But this wasn’t fun anymore, and, unlike the last time, there was no fun stick to carry and she couldn’t go home. And all she wanted to do now was to go home.

Amata was about to set her shoulders and attempt to somehow get home when a loud voice sounded, causing her to gasp and jump in surprise. She turned quickly to look at whoever had spoke, but she stepped on her paw and cried out, falling over in the attempt to relieve the pain. Instead of sitting up, the little pup simply lay on her stomach and looked with doleful eyes to the large and currently scary boy wolf. For several moments, the little girl simple gawked at him, unable to speak. What if this wolf was here to hurt her like that mean, mean Tok-yo Chance? But he didn’t seem as mean, and he had called her ‘miss’, which made her feel very special and princess-y. So, in the end, the creamy pup decided that it would be okay to respond to him. "I’s gotta hurts in my paw," she said quietly, neither bold nor shy. "And the mean line won’t lets me goes home." Her lip stuck out a bit as she prepared to cry once more. The thought of not being able to go home made Amata very, very sad. What if she couldn’t be there with Cambi when the cat-pill became a boy-butterfly?

The creamy pup whimpered, looking down at her paw that was curled safely against her chest. She licked it to make it feel better, although it was still hot and throbbing angrily. She looked up at the adult and his blue eyes. One of her eyes were blue too, so that made it okay to play with him, right? They were similar... But she couldn’t play because of her paw. A soft whimper sounded again as she sniffled, her crying slowing. Her face was all wet now, but she didn’t know and it didn’t matter to the pup at that moment. "Who is yous?" she spoke through her sniffling. Tilting her head, she watched him. Maybe he would speak in that funny deep voice that made her ears tickle.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread