A Thorn in My Paw
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/char ... _tears.jpg); background-color:#0E141B; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:246px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
   Though the sky was filled with deep gray clouds which threatened rain, none had yet fallen, and the ground was still relatively dry. Charon was pretty glad for that, and as he sized up the youngster he supposed that feeling was mutual. She was really young, and really small. He was no good at all in guessing ages, but he didn't think she was much older than five months old. Char had no knowledge of Crimson Dreams and how close they actually were, so for all he knew they were miles and miles from the girl's home.

There was a reassuring smile across the wolf's charcoal lips, and he approached slowly, leaning his big head down to look at the youngster closer. His tail was wagging and there wasn't so much as a hint of aggression in the silvery wolf. She answered him, and that smile turned into a frown. "Aww, I'm sorry," he murmured under his lips. He didn't quite know what the child meant by mean line, but that sad face tugged on his heartstrings and those big indigo eyes widened, empathetic to the youth's plight. "Can I see your paw? Maybe I can help you," he said, that warm, rumbly voice as quiet as possible. He was trying really hard not to startle the youth; he remembered being a wide-eyed child and how frightening the unfamiliar world could be sometimes.

"I'm Charon. What's your name?" he said, halting a foot or so in front of her, still peering at her paw, trying to get a better look at it. Was it broken? She would have had some strength to contain her wailing if it was broken, so he assumed it wasn't that bad. Her eyes were two different colors, something Charon had never seen before. He looked at them, and wondered if one was simply slower in changing than the other. Both of them were pretty, one a much brighter blue than his own deep azure eyes. The other was a gleaming, brilliant green, almost lime.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread