A Thorn in My Paw
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

When the male gave his words of sympathy, the little girl simply nodded slowly and sadly, sniffling quietly as she stared at the ground. There was a funny green bug that was tiny and had two eyes that were even tinier, but the bug didn’t make her much happier, although her sniffling seemed to slow down. She offered the little bug a mental, His, before she looked back up at the adult. She wondered where he came from, because he seemed to pop out suddenly—and it was just when she had needed help. And that made Amata wonder if he was like those guardiangels in the stories that came to help and guide the normal living creatures. And so the girl stared at him for a long time with those sad eyes that blinked occasionally, like the eyes of a deer. He didn’t seem like an gaurdiangel. He looked just like everyone else. Maybe he wasn’t even here to help. Maybe he would be like Tok-yo Chance and Air-es Chance and seem nice but then be mean later. That would make the day worse, the young pup decided, and so she was a little apprehensive, although curious.

She gave a little gasp when he asked for her paw, although she wasn’t afraid. Maybe she was filled with awe: it seemed as if this male wolf was here to help her. Slowly, the pup looked down at her paw, lifting it and tilting her head awkwardly to see the paw pads that walked on the earth. And the creamy pup found the mean line that was poking her, although it was deeper in her paw. She had no doubt pushed the thorn in further when she had attempted to run from it, and again when she had stood. But the young girl didn’t know that, and such a thing never occurred to her. She didn’t know that the mean line was simply a thorn. She thought that it was something alive, and it scared her that it was going in further. What if it went so far in that it couldn’t come out? That was very frightening. And so the pup suddenly fell over on her side, frantically holding up her paw so that the male could easily see. "Looks, looks! The mean line iss going ins furthers!" And she greatly hoped that the male wolf would be able to help before the mean line was completely gone and stuck inside her.

"Hi’s Char’n," Amata replied politely as she lay there, her eyes lighting up happily despite the great calamity that had befallen her. "I’s Amata," she said in introduction, her voice taking on a happy whisper. And then the creamy pup was silent as she intently looked up at Char’n, watching him as if she were contemplating some great matter. Blinking away the last tears, feeling better because she was now no longer alone, she took a small breath as if she wanted to say something. Pausing, the little pup considered whether she should. In the end, she simply decided on an opener: "Umm... Char’n? Cans I’s asks yous a question?" But then she waited as if expecting him to do something before she continued.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread