A Thorn in My Paw
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/char ... _tears.jpg); background-color:#0E141B; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:246px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
I have a question! Was Amata by any chance named after the character in Fallout 3? I'd never heard that name before I played that game, and I'm curious, haha. xD

The puppy seemed to grow increasingly distressed as time wore on, and he wondered if maybe she was suffering from some kind of shock. He had heard of that before; when something traumatic happened, the person who it happened to almost blanked out and went totally numb, like they were replaced by someone else entirely. Char frowned and hoped that hadn't happened to Amata. Without warning, the youngster was on her side, completely freaked that the thorn was digging deeper into her paw. It allowed the big pale wolf a closer look, however, and he thought he might be able to get it even without shifting. Even as she was so frightened, the little one hadn't forgotten her manners, and she greeted him and offered an introduction in kind. He smiled at her, wagging that dusty tail before he leaned in closer.

"Sure, just a minute. Now please hold still, miss. This might hurt a little bit, but after it's out you'll feel a lot better," he said, almost cooing to reassure the child. She had awakened all those protective fatherly instincts he remembered upon first seeing Iacho and Soare, and he hoped desperately he might be able to be a father soon. He knew he couldn't chase those kinds of dreams while he was at home; his father held sole breeding rights within their tiny family place until he passed, and that had seemed way too far in the future for the gray male. He thought he'd have better chances if he left and found somewhere new. Maybe this was just the place. If there were little ones like this running around unattended, it must be a great place to raise a family.

He reached forward ever so gently with that big muzzle, carefully making contact with her little paw before he opened his mouth so he didn't accidentally bite anything other than the thorn. He felt it sticking out of her flesh, a hard nub against his lip, and he grasped it with those teeth, tugging backward in one quick motion to free the thing from her paw. He spat the thing out onto the ground in front of them, and it bounced once and lie still. He grinned at her, and nodded toward it. "Better? It's part of a plant. Can't hurt you unless you step on it," he said, burying it beneath the soil with one toe for added effect, proving it was not among the living. "Now, what is it?" he said, sitting down on his haunches in front of her, that tail still wagging at her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread