A Thorn in My Paw
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

No, I don’t think so, ^=^; Amata was named after Savina’s mom, Amata Marino~ It’s just a Latin name—or an Italian name derived from the Latin verb amare (to love) because the principal parts are amo, amare, amavi, amatus, and ‘amatus’ can be changed to ‘amata’ which is feminine and a past participial meaning “having been loved”, ^=^ Sorry, I’m just a Latin nerd, hahahahahahahahahahahahah
500+

Amata smiled up at Char’n. He seemed friendly and not mean at all, and the little girl was reassured by his happy tail. And then, as the male wolf spoke, it seemed as if he was going to help her! The creamy tail wagged once, hitting the soft ground with a soft thud. The blue and green eyes looked up at his face as he came close to inspect her paw, and she held it up for him, although she did not spread her toes in fear that the mean line might slide in further. With a soft smile, she murmured, "I hopes sos," shutting her eyes in the anticipation of great pain. The light hued pup held her breath. She could feel his warm breathing moving the furs between her toes, but she didn’t giggle as it tickled her foot; the nervous anticipation that gripped her stomach was far too strong to allow something like that to pass. And she lay there stiffly, trying her best to do as she was instructed and not move. Char’n moved gently over her extended limb, but she whimpered slightly as he bumped up against the mean line that was now saying that it didn’t want to leave. But the whimper was simply of fear than of hurt.

And then, she felt a sharp tug that made her eyes snap open. Slowly her head turned up to look at him with wide eyes—what did that mean? Had the mean line gone in. The small girl, because the male wolf’s mouth was no longer near it, pulled her paw back, twisting about on the ground so that she could examine it herself. There was a slow intake of breath—it wasn’t there.... At the sound of his voice, however, the girl looked away and back to the dark blue eyes. It was okay, then? Sitting up, she watched the mean line and the dirt as it covered it up. "Thanks yous, Char’n," she said with a slow smile of relief. "I’s feelin’ much betters." And then, to emphasize that she was not lying, the small girl placed her paw on the ground. She did it slowly as if she herself were expecting some pain. But, apart from the soreness, there was no sharp poke as there had been before. Amata smiled brightly, her tail wagging on the floor. "The mean line was parts of a plants?" Her head cocked slightly, but she chose to believe him. Well, that meant that it hadn’t been alive at all, if it were only a part. She giggled. "I thoughts it was alive," she explained with a bashful shrug. "Thanks yous," she said again, and she licked the bottom of her paw.

As Char’n allowed her to ask a question, the girl silently watched him for a few moments. "Are..." she started, and gave a little blush that could be seen faintly through her light fur. "Ares yous a gaurdiangel?" Gaurdian angel. Char’n had, after all, suddenly appeared like magic when she had needed help, and he had help her. And he was nice and not mean. Even though there were many wolves that she knew that were nice and not mean, the whole particular situation seemed to call for something special. "Yous camed to help me," she explained quickly, "jus’ like in the stories."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread