A Thorn in My Paw
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/char ... _tears.jpg); background-color:#0E141B; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:246px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Ooooh. Okay. XD Yeah, I fell in love with that game way hard and put about 120 hours in 6 weeks, haha. Are those just conjugations of the word "love" then, in different tenses and genders? :o I actually find Latin really interesting. It's such a great language to know, because it provides a bridge to so many other languages.

He was quite glad to have stumbled on this little one. She hadn't been in any real danger, no, but she'd been pretty scared and it had made the big white wolf so very glad to have helped her. His slightly damaged pride was back to normal, though Char was nothing of a prideful creature. He simply had no idea of his own talents and skills, and viewed himself as being rather mediocre. There was nothing outstanding about him at all, he figured, though he overlooked his massive size and his infectious charisma, the latter being less of an ability or skill and more of a personality trait. He was pretty sheltered, too, he figured now. It had never occurred to him at home that perhaps he was ill-prepared to survive in the real world.

The youngster peered her paw, finding his work satisfactory at first glance. Char beamed at the thanks, and then even wider as she tested out his handiwork, finding her paw whole and unhurt. "You're welcome,' the man replied brightly, his tail finally settling down as he eased into conversation with her. "You have great manners. Your momma taught you well," Char complimented. He nodded at her question, and grinned at the suggestion that it was alive. "Yeah, that part's called a thorn. They're bad to get stuck in your paws," he said gravely. "But when you're bigger and you have bigger teeth you'll be able to pull them out yourself," he reassured her. Plants weren't really alive, they just sort of were. They couldn't move on their own, so they were alive-dead. He had read this in books, that plants were alive, but he still couldn't wrap his wolf mind around the concept totally.

The question she asked surprised him, and it was apparent in his deep blue eyes. He knew what a guardian angel was and he had thought maybe he had one when that bear attacked him, but he didn't really think he could actually be someone's guardian angel? Didn't you have to be, you know, an angel? Maybe. But maybe he was one, and maybe he came back to earth just to help her in real life, too. That had happened in the books, too; God had made his son manifest into a human's body. That was God, though, and if he was just an angel, he probably wouldn't be able to manifest himself in a wolf's body. Lines appeared as his brow furrowed, brilliant blue eyes growing distant and contemplative. He appeared to be thinking about this question thoroughly for a moment before he answered, the gears in his mind turning. "I don't know if I'm your guardian angel," he said solemnly, speaking truthfully. "But I'm sure you have one, and I'm sure if it's not me, then your real guardian angel was the one who guided me here to help you today," he added, satisfied with his reply. How were you supposed to know if you were someone's guardian angel?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread