A Thorn in My Paw
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Haha, yeah. Latin doesn’t usually have an oral portion of the class because it is a dead language. But some of us just have fun and speak it anyway, ^=^;; We usually just translate poetry from Vergil, Ovid, Horace, and Catullus, and (while my class didn’t focus on prose) there’s also Juvenal, Cicero, and so on.. ^=^;; (Ovid is my favorite! That’s where one of my Cwmfen titles came from, only I had to ellipse the ‘est’ in ‘militiae species amor est’ [love is a kind of warfare]—it’s from Ovid’s Ars Amatoria.) But yeah, it’s really fun, haha.
Thanks! OuO
700+

"Yeahs," she confirmed with a happy exclamation. "She leadeds thems, and then Anu helps Mamma to leads thems toos." She paused, her head cocking to one side as his words finally sunk in. "What’s ‘in-prasses’ means?" That was an unfamiliar word—or maybe she had heard it before but had never bothered to question its meaning. After all, it was not polite to interrupt adults when they were speaking. And she hoped that this was not interrupting either, because she didn’t want to be impolite to Char’n, especially after he had helped her.

"I likes books and storwies toos!" How exciting that they had such a thing in common! Her tail wagged happily behind her, causing her rump to follow suit. "But I’s cants reads yet..." It was yet another thing that came with age, she supposed. Sometimes she thought that she could make out what the smashed ants on the page were saying to her, but they were still illegible to the young girl. "A pet?" That was strange. "Would the human boy eats it laters?" Dadda had not finished the book—or maybe he had, but she had fallen asleep. So the little girl could only imagine what was done with the yewling.

The little puppy yipped happily, her tongue lolling out as she beamed at him. And he had called her ‘Miss Amata,’ which, once more, made her feel very special, like a princess. But it was a much better feeling than when she had been the Princess Fish while swimming with Anu. She didn’t know why it was any different, as the title was hypothetical, but she let herself feel as if it were. Pushing from the male wolf’s leg, she dropped back to the earth, turning about and being extra careful so as to not step on another unsuspecting thorn. But there was nothing. A little sad face crossed over her features, for the place where the mean-line thorn had been was hurting with each step; but as she stood there, the hurting subsided and so she forgot.

Looking up at him, the creamy pup replied, "I’s lives in Crimson Dreams!" and turned, pointing her nose in the general direction from which she had come. "Iss ovah theres, somewheres...." She cocked her head as she stared off into space as if she could see the manor from where she stood. It was truly amazing that the pup had never gotten lost before, for she was never watching the way she had come. And still, she somehow found her way back home every time. But today, she had someone to help her, and he, most likely, knew how to use his nose properly. "I’s shows yous the way!" She turned to look back at him. Her help, of course, would be minimal.

The light-hued pup had already began walking slowly, stepping carefully with her hurt paw, when his final question sounded. She paused, looking up at him, considering his words with apparent gravity. "I’s cans," she replied finally, her voice trailing off as if there would be an ensuing ‘but’. A pause followed before she continued. "But iss still hurtings." And the little girl didn’t know if she would be able to walk all the way back on that thorn-wounded foot. The blue and green eyes stared down at her paw—it didn’t seem so bad now. "But I’s cans walks," she finished finally with a faint smile, not wanting to bother the male wolf. What if the guardiangel didn’t want to play anymore and flew away? Thats not bes very goods. But, as she took several more steps, she decided that the pain, however small it may have been, was too much for her to handle. And she was not tolerant to pain at all. "Well... maybes yous cans helps me—if you wants to, Char’n," she added as an afterthought. And when pups needed help walking, the parents carried them. And although Char’n was not her parent, he was an adult and her guardiangel, so maybe he could carry her. She pointed her nose toward the earth and stuck out her neck to allow him to pick her up by the scruff, and she waited very expectantly, but patiently too.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread