A Thorn in My Paw
[html]
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42 ... est-26.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:0px;background-color:#001a36;background-position:bottom;">
i apologize for the wait and I apologize in advance if this is a bad post, 'cause I am in no mood to write happy things. D: <3 sounds good by me to end it in a few, and try for another thread in a bit. i need to request a few more, so i'll throw something about it in there when I post my thread requests.

The big silver wolf nodded solemnly in response to the young wolf. Char now understood perfectly well how pack borders operated, thanks to that big black wolf from the other side of the woods, and he wouldn't be traipsing across anybody's land without an explicit invitation from now on. Of course, when he avowed this to himself, he failed to realize his own ignorance and inability to even recognize the border of that said pack, so it was likely he'd accidentally repeat his mistake. "No problem. Your mom's gotta protect you, and I sure wouldn't want to get you in trouble with her," he laughed, though he was certain if Amata faced punishment for anything it wouldn't be too severe. She was far too nice of a child for that.

The big wolf grinned at the creamy little pup, and nodded enthusiastically. "I'd like that a lot! Even if I can't stay with you today, I promise I'll come visit," the wolf said, his tail wagging even in his new shifted form. Some habits were hard to break. She commented on the notion of keeping a pet, and the wolf nodded again in agreement. It was weird. It was a whole lot less work to just let nature raise prey animals and to just hunt them when they became sick or old. "I think so, too," he said, voicing his opinion. A thought occurred to the wolf, and he cocked his head, wondering if you had to be born into the packs here. His family sure hadn't allowed just anybody to stay forever; only blood relations of the Amrithai tribe would be allowed to stay, like a distant cousin or something. But none of them had ever showed up, and Charon knew no one of his extended family, though certainly they existed somewhere.

The youngster settled in his arm, and Char again was reminded of Iacho and Soare. His younger siblings were long gone—one back up in the frozen land and one beneath the ground—but he still missed them, sort of. He more or less missed how small and helpless they'd once been, and how strong the instinct to protect them was. It was a strange thing for Char, who had just been a year old when his siblings were born. He was still a carefree puppy himself, oblivious to any responsibility or weight in the world—but here were two tiny puppies, warm despite their thin fur. His tail wagged, and he grinned, setting off at an easy pace. He knew he ought to rush her back home; someone was probably missing her. But he was having fun and enjoying her company, so he dawdled here and there. "Ooh," he said, stopping for a minute and pointing out a cluster of pale purple flowers. "They're pretty," he admired, leaning down just a bit so Amata could get a better view of them.

After a moment he continued on, walking until the girl noticed something. He squinted, his brilliant azure eyes narrowing as he peered over the green expanse of of the grass. It wasn't until she pointed the bug out to him that he saw it, and he laughed. He had seen them before, and from his books he knew they were a symbol of luck. Until he'd seen a live one, the big wolf had thought they were just a human creation, a myth just like a centaur or a vampire. Or maybe they were once human creations turned real, just like them? After all, werewolves had once been fictional characters. He pondered this as he slowed down, drawing closer to the bug. He leaned right down over the little red bug with Amata still tucked underneath his arm. "Hello!" he called to her, his tail wagging. "Are you Miss Amata's ladybug friend?" he asked, turning his head to listen for a response from the little bug. After a minute he spoke in as high-pitched and feminine a voice he could manage (which was not very much at all, but it was an honest attempt). "Oh, yes! I remember you, Miss Amata!" He laughed right afterward, figuring even if the Crimson Dreams pup was too old to fall for it, she might still get a laugh out of his silliness.

thanks to jael for the table!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread