Perhaps the Singing Bird Shall Come - J
“You are?” Now only curiosity remained in Merilin’s voice. That was strange; she had never seen a coyote that looked like this before. She continued to gaze at the old female’s body, although it was somewhat difficult to take in a great amount of detail due to the fact that it was nighttime. Her blue eyes gazed up inquisitively at the older female. “Luperci…” she murmured to herself. She turned that word over on her tongue silently. What a strange word. “What are ‘shape-shifters’?” she asked suddenly, the question genuine. She had never come across these words. But she was not greatly surprised at these new things, for she did not even know where she was anymore. The lands here smelled so strange and unfamiliar. She inhaled deeply; so many scents filled her and she had to set her nose back on the ground, exhaling sharply. Dirt blew about in response to the changes in the air. Merilin sneezed and shook her head.

Wearily, the young coyote lifted herself onto her feet. This took a great amount of effort and she found that she was still quite tired. Strangely colored stars obscured her vision momentarily, and she shook her head to try to get the effects to wear off. It did not really help. Being unconscious for even a little bit did allow her to gain some more energy, however, and she found that she was able to shake some moisture from her fur. Her body felt nicer already with the water having been discarded. She realized that she must have sprayed the other old female. “Sorry,” she apologized immediately.

“Merilin Ethuil is glad to meet Kaena Lykoi,” she said awkwardly, nodding her head as if to agree with herself. Yes. Very pleased to meet her. It was good to know that she would not be alone, maybe. “Inferni? A pack for coyotes?” Excitement began to creep into her voice. She knew that she had no family anymore, and she knew, too, that she could not waste time pining away for their loss forever, however devastated she was. Her mother had been her friend, after all, really the only other coyote she ever came to know. Whatever life she had or was going to have was gone. Now she had to move on. This was her chance.

“Can I come with the Inferni, too? I don’t have a family anymore…” The last part was said with great sadness. The head of the russet toned coyote fell once more as she gazed at the ground, seeing only the face of her mother. Tears welled up in her bright blue eyes, but she kept them from falling. “I won’t be any trouble!” she promised, trying to persuade this strange… luperci to take her with her. Suddenly, she felt light headed again and had to sit down. The coyote fell back on her haunches, her forepaws pawing the ground to keep her footing.

“I know how to hunt! I could bring food…” Such was her next point of persuation. She had no idea, in reality, what a clan was, but she figured that it was something like a family… it had the same ring to it. And wherever there were other coyotes, she wanted to be. She had never liked being left alone; it got too quite that way. “Please,” she pleaded, looking up at Kaena. “I have nowhere else to go.”

Messages In This Thread