It seems I have a secret I didn't know about
[html]

... I am embarrassed at myself and my slowness, and the quality of this post. Word Count: 370

time will heal even a heart of steel

He seemed thoughtful, and she remained silent as he spoke, studying him curiously. Such a strange childhood had she had, that it seemed she knew nothing of the family she took pride in knowing everything about. She knew a lot about the Sadiras, but apparently not about her mother. Her eyes widened as he mentioned Haku —Haku knew?! All this time, and no one had told her? Her mother unable to keep in touch and her father absent from birth, and it seemed she had more siblings she did not know. Not just Melisande - no, Jefferson. And leader of his own pack, too. She kept her words inside and let him finish talking, and when he did she was calmer. Nodding, she spoke carefully, eyes glancing to the left past his face and beyond for a second as she thought about the vastly scattered remains of the family she had been born into. "Hm. Well maybe you had a right to hate him — I wouldn't know, I never met him." Her gaze returned to his face, her pair of green encountering his for the first time. Or was it? "I can honestly say I don't remember your appearance, but it seems my brother does. I don't know why he didn't tell me." Pausing, she felt as if she should somehow give an explanation as to why she did not remember. "Colibri left us alone at a young age and I left Clouded Tears before I was a year old, traveling for two years before coming back to find the charred remains of.. well my old home. So.. I don't really know that much about anyone from my family, really." She felt bitter saying that, as if it was a defeat. She knew a lot, but not about the family members that mattered. She knew more than she wanted to know about Firefly. But on the bright side she had sort of gained a family member just now —she just hoped he wouldn't think she was stupid or something, for not remembering. Her face was apologetic but curious at the same time, as if she could not decide to land on either. "So, how long have you been living here?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread