It seems I have a secret I didn't know about
[html]

I've said it before but I sincerely hope I'm properly back now. Stupid university. Word Count: --

time will heal even a heart of steel

He didn't remember much either, and inside the femme sighed with relief. The embarrassement wasn't quite so unbearable when he shared her lack of knowledge, at least to a degree. It seemed she was the last to know about the drama her mother had put them through when she was born. Perhaps there was more to her mother than she had originally thought. Perhaps there were more to her close family than she knew, more half-siblings running around somewhere. Maybe not here, but alive, or had been. A quick thought flew to Melisande and she pushed it away; she had just gained a half-brother, and would not waste energy thinking about a sister that was lost. Smiling, she listened to him speak until he seemed finished. In a way his tale resembled hers: they had both left these lands in search of someone. In her own case that someone had been anyone who would care about her, but it was still a little bit the same. Soft as always, Mew already felt a connection to the scarred male in front of her. "It seems you've settled in nicely, too.", she said, referring to his earlier mentioned rank. Strange, how their blood always ended up in leadership. She couldn't really understand why anyone would want such a thing, especially thinking of how it had gone for her mother, who fled the responsibility. He said he had lived with her mother; perhaps he remembered something about her. Colibri Soul had always been a mystery to Mew. "Do you remember anything about our mother?" The strange female who seemed to have produced more children than Mew knew, but left nothing to remember, nothing for her children to love or appreciate. She was not bitter anymore, but curious.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread