It seems I have a secret I didn't know about
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

"I settled out of luck," he admitted wryly, ears twitching as he unintentionally thought back to his initial arrival at Phoenix Valley. The memory of Iskata, as always, brought a melancholy twist to his stomach when the nostalgia kicked in. "I was mostly starved to death when I collapsed on this pack's borders, and was almost sent away by Deuce for being part coyote." His expression became bitter: he'd never admitted it, but the cyclops had never forgiven that white wolfess for her impudence that day. What she had done -- what she had tried to do -- he considered simply unforgivable, and the grudge was born. When she left him the pack all of a sudden, it grew. Where she was now, though, he had no idea. Probably got what was coming to her. "The other leader told me to stay, though, and then I just moved up from there. I'm lucky to be alive." Briefly, his eye fell to the ground.

When it came to his mother, though, Jefferson knew nothing. "My first memory is of waking up with an eye torn out and covered in scars and blood," he said slowly. Jefferson, this Jefferson, had been born in pain and blood -- Maluki, and the madman he'd became, had been born in warmth and pleasure. "I don't remember anything from my childhood. All I know is that she is white and still alive, or at least she was when I talked to the dead man. He told me she was around here somewhere, by herself... but I haven't seen her. She'd be getting on in years by now." He paused. "I doubt she'd recognize me anymore, anyway."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread