It seems I have a secret I didn't know about
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

This thread may be slow, but it's one of the best threads I've had in a long time. Big Grin

The look he sent her was completely forlorn and perplexed; it was like looking through a fog for the lighthouse and being led by nothing but the dull haze of light. The more they snapped at each other, the more their argument elevated into something neither of them were fully understanding. Jefferson heard the waver and hesitation in her voice, though it was stifled terribly by the rising anger she lashed out at him. What happened to family? What happened to the green eyes they shared for a few minutes that now faded to different shades?

His ears flicked back and pressed against his skull; the action was rather rare for the bold Jefferson. In his position, the Patriarch rarely had to stand down to anyone -- and those that assumed he would were met with his unyielding personality instead. To family, however, Jefferson barely knew how to act. He'd been born clueless in a spinning world dripping with blood; family had never been a presence in the life of Jefferson has it had once been of Maluki. Family had been what had driven him to and from Clouded Tears, led him away, and brought on the madness that Mew would have accused his coyote blood the culprit for. His green eye searched at her, unconsciously longing and clouded with doubt. What was going on?

He breathed. "I hate Inferni," the brute hissed beneath his throat, darkening his eye and turning it away. Iskata's disappearance, DaVinci's love life, Zana's abduction -- Jefferson had always accused all three on Inferni. Gabriel and Iskata had never gotten along, and without any other evidence, the cyclops had always been on edge when it came to the coyote clan. "I hate what they stand for, the fucking shit they do," Jefferson breathed, "but I don't hate coyotes because I can't hate my family... even if I don't know them."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread