It seems I have a secret I didn't know about
[html]

I agree! I'm going to PM you with a short-term tiny plot if you want :] Sorry about the length, I've been reading for my poetry exam and it were inspiring >< Word Count: 532

time will heal even a heart of steel

They were the same, more than they knew, for both had been born to broken families, and both had been drenched in the blood of others and themselves. Perhaps it was a curse that followed Colibri Soul, for no one in her line seemed able to avoid it, no matter how hard they tried.

She felt as if he studied her, with eyes resembling hers far too much for her own liking. It was as if, aside from the scars and the wrong color of fur, there were pieces of herself in the hue of his single working eye. And as she witnessed his own mixed reaction to their situation, her feeling did not lessen. At the same time it angered and scared her, because she did not want to feel as if she was the same as he. She was different, better, or at least that's what she wanted to believe. A moment of silence passed between them, and she gathered herself. Her form remained frozen to the ground, as if her legs were snowy stalagmites, rooted to the ground they stood on. Her emotions fought for her attention until she shut them all out, and listened to his reply. He did not say what she expected.

Her ears flattened, mimicking her half-brother. He hates them. She hated them. Another similarity, and she wished he could be on their side, so she could walk away and never return, and loathe him at a distance. She said nothing, and he continued, mirroring many of her own thoughts about the clan to the north. Murderers. Rapists. Everything he said was her own opinion, at least in essence. Tears lined her eyes now, and her self-composition was gone again. When she spoke, she spoke quietly, because if she spoke louder she knew her voice would break. She was stronger than that. "I hate them. Don't you see? They made it impossible for me not to hate them. Every time I met one of them, they took something from me. And they are the only representatives I've got." Coyotes, Inferni - it was the same thing to her. As she spoke, and without knowing, she glanced to her stomach — before she looked up again she regretting her subconscious action. She did not want him to know, didn't want him to know anything at all about her. She felt weak and embarrassed and ashamed of her anger, and of her hatred. Like a bitter old woman, confronted with truths she knew already, but had skillfully ignored. She was forced to realize that the species did not consist of brutal murderers lacking a proper personality, because one stood right in front of her. Suddenly, her feelings escalated and she barked at him, filled with hormones and fear and years of bitterness and grief. "Just let me be!" Her one hind foot took a single step in a direction away from him, yet the rest of her stood rooted still, as if something outside herself controlled her ability to move. Her throat felt sore, her stomach throbbed, and her muscles were tense and aching; she was tired, all of a sudden, and she regretted her trip here altogether.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread