combat baby (j, p - kaena) - leader needed
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
    There was some suppressed eagerness about the child, something in his body language which indicated he was ecstatic about being here on Inferni's borders. Through this, though, he was still and quiet; there was none of the puppyish energy Merilin had showed toward Kaena. It was a strange swing; the full-blooded coyote was certainly several months this child's senior, yet she seemed far more childish through her demeanor and brightness of character. There was the good possibility that this pup was just on his absolute best behavior, though; this pleased the hybrid woman immensely, though she would have welcomed him if he was as electric as the last coyote she'd found on these borders.

He gave her the simple answer she was expecting, and the hybrid woman nodded, passing no judgement. Homelessness was not nearly as stigmatized in the canine world as it might have been in the human world; indeed, young canines were expected to wander aimlessly for some part of their lives. The youth admitted his blood, though he did not clarify whether he was hybrid or coyote. He was less than five months of age, it was possible he didn't yet know for sure. Time would tell, and as the young coyote aged and grew larger, it would become clear. At least to Kaena—she could usually peg even a hair of hybrid blood, though she had certainly been fooled before. There was that smile on her scarred features again for a moment.

"I think you can, but it's not all up to me," the hybrid said, gentleness creeping into her tone. "My son or his cousin can decide that, I'll call them shortly," she added. Though the hybrid woman was still eager to get out of the rain for the night, there was no pressing need to hurry. There was still much to be asked of the young coyote before she called anyone. "What's your name?" she inquired, an encouraging look passing over her scarred features. "I'm Kaena Lykoi," she said. There had been a sudden fire over him, as if he had suddenly been consumed by the ecstasy at finding others like him, unable to remain reserved even a moment longer.

thanks to james for the header image
[/html]

Messages In This Thread