combat baby (j, p - kaena) - leader needed
Mason nodded as the woman spoke. He was glad that she seemed to find him worth waiting for in the rain. He knew it must be uncomfortable for her. He knew that he did not enjoy it especially, although it had died off into a fine drizzle instead of a full blown storm. In his weeks of travel, the mixed-breed youth had learned that the world wasn't the kindest place, and that his youth did not guarantee that others would be kind to him. On the contrary, he wished to grow older at this very second. He wanted to grow, both physically and in experience, so that he could adapt better to situations. He was at a distinct disadvantage with his small size and young age.

"I am Mason Alexandre Hesiod," the boy piped in. He did not feel as though he was over-volunteering too much information. On the contrary, he felt he was supplying Kaena with everything she had asked for. "You can call me whatever you likes the best." Mason honestly did not have a preference about what the monochrome female called him. His interaction with her was better than he would have imagined. It was hard to contain his excitement, and he wriggled slightly, shifting from one leg to the other before he sucked in a large breath and forced his legs to be stiff and still.

But that excitement seemed to find his vocal chords, and he spoke to the woman impulsively. "Thank you for talking withs me in the rains, Kaena Lykoi." He addressed her using both names she had given, because she had not given him permission to call her anything else. His voice maintained some amount of control, although it shook just a little with his excitement.

Messages In This Thread