combat baby (j, p - kaena) - leader needed
Thanks Sie! <3 This is short and dreadful because it is time for me to sleep.

The sandy colored puppy was pleased to hear that Kaena liked his name. But he watched her face closely and noticed how her smile had changed. That did not exactly put a damper on his mood, but he paused to wonder if he had possibly done something to upset her. She seemed to be absolutely fine, and he knew that she did not need to put on airs for him. The pup did not ask what had bothered her. She seemed like a candid woman, and he trusted her to speak up if she needed something from him or if she needed him to change what he was doing.

A jolt of excitement shot down his spine. Now he stood rigidly, to keep the energy from pouring off of him. He felt as though he should run in circles, but took care to stay still. He was not aware that his efforts to stay calm were clearly evident in the strict way he held himself. He was practically humming with energy, but he had a good amount of self control for a young canine. It did not occur to Mason that he should be nervous to meet a leader, although he knew that meeting with leadership entailed respect.

The yellow-eyed boy had to think for a moment about Kaena's question, and that served to calm him a bit as he had a way to focus his energy. The boy did not have a very good concept of time. He only knew that he had been separated for a very considerable amount of time. He found it difficult to picture his parents' faces, and could picture the faces of strangers he had met along the way much more clearly. His mouth moved silently as he counted. "I think, but am not completely sure, that I have been by myself for twenty-nine days."

Messages In This Thread