save the last dance for me
[html]

Mahaha. Thank you for making my day. Asserson is a hoot.

I spoke to you in cautious tones,
you answered me with no pretense.
And still I feel I've said too much,
my silence is my self-defense.

It seemed as though she had caught Jefferson unaware. She had not expected him to fall into sleep so suddenly, and her face showed some of her surprise. But as recognition dawned on his features, her expression settled back into a smile. Jefferson had seemed more worn around the edges recently, the glint absent from his single emerald eye on many occasions. It made sense that the Patriarch would be tired and worn out. Geneva suspected that if he could, he would work himself into the ground. On more than one occasion, she had happened upon him when he had settled for a quick round of shut eye, but she usually left him alone.

It had been weeks since they had said more than a few words to each other. Although she saw him frequently enough, passing by him in the hall of the ranch or while patrolling the borders, the two had spent very little quality time together. She had missed spending time with him, plain and simple. She missed the way he could bring quiet to her soul and send her mind and blood racing all at the same time. It was a strange conundrum, but something she had learned to accept in her interactions with Jefferson. When she was with him, she could feel each moment moving past so clearly, as if time had slowed down significantly. Normally the moments of her day blended together and became a familiar blur, but with him she could feel the passage of time so distinctly.

She found herself feeling slightly embarrassed as he spoke once more, a glint in his eye. But she was able to function beyond her intrinsic shyness with him. She smirked back at him, an expression not usually on her features. With Jefferson, she was better able to express a larger range of emotion. Her interactions with him were unique in that when she was with him, she felt as though she could completely and totally be herself without fearing the consequences. She pressed her knees playfully into his sides and bent to touch her nose to his playfully. "I think I'll stay a while. The view's nice."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread