save the last dance for me
[html]

Do you think we could forward date this to this weekish, for the sake of timelines? Smile

I spoke to you in cautious tones,
you answered me with no pretense.
And still I feel I've said too much,
my silence is my self-defense.

"I guess I was going to do a bit of hiding too, in my own way," Geneva admitted. "I was going to sneak off to see if I could sit in the sun and read a while." She smiled wryly when he lifted his good arm easily. Despite his obvious physical limitations, there was no doubt in Geneva's mind that Jefferson could easily overtake and overpower her. She was not exerting her full strength pinning him down by any means, but she wasn't simply holding him loosely either. She was conscious of his bad arm, but she had been putting some pressure, if only teasingly, on his good arm.

"I didn't say you could be free," she mocked scowled at him. "You are going to ruin my reputation for being ruthless." Her thumb traced lazy circles over his pulse, her gentle touch at odds with her playful mock-growl. The gray-furred sub-leader released his other wrist to touch his face, light and gentle, nearly as insubstantial as a whisper. It never ceased to amaze her when she pondered the depth of what she felt for Jefferson. The woman had loved before, and deeply, but there was a new edge to the emotions and decisions she was making now. It was like there was a new flavor to something she thought she had understood, a new dimension that added mystery.

Upon thinking of this, she straightened slightly. Her expression settled into something a little more serious. Geneva looked at him with a bit of gravity in her gaze, her playfulness forgotten, but the gentleness of her touch still lingering. She looked searchingly into his face before she poke. "Jefferson," she said carefully, slowly. "How do you feel about me?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread