save the last dance for me
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

As assumed, it was not the answer she was looking for. He'd evaded the question, but surprisingly was left unreprimanded for it; instead, Geneva sat back and became reserved, switching back to her typical quiet observer-type he knew her best as. The weary green of his eye watched several unsaid thoughts breeze over her eyes as she became temporarily unfocused and forgetful. He frowned, wordless for some time. What did she want from him? He'd assured her before that he couldn't be what she could possibly ever want -- and yet she'd said she loved him. The cyclops' thoughts fluttered back to the fireflies in the night, the coolness of the breeze, and the softness of her fur when he'd held her close. He'd felt something then; something within his chest was blooming like the spring's first flowers, emerging from the soil and bursting into life. It made him sick to his stomach.

Her response was protected. He heard the hesitation and disappointment in his voice; his scowl lengthened and his gaze again flicked elsewhere. What could he say? He couldn't put his thoughts into word form, that was impossible... but she deserved to hear something. Deep down, all he wanted was for her to stop having to frown at him so much. "I feel... things," he grumbled, low from the depths of his throat, and his body stiffened like ice. Just finding the simple words were frustratingly difficult. "Confused. Frustrated. ...Scared." He paused, inhaled deeply, and turned his glowing emerald eye up at her. "...But when you're here, I only feel happy." Until she brought up this kind of conversation, of course.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread