save the last dance for me
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Oddly, he grinned. It seemed Geneva was the only one left worth his most genuine smiles; the closer they had gotten in the past few months, the more he'd unconsciously began to smile more and more even when the two were apart. When Xeris had admitted to prancing on Inferni territory and running into some wolf-hating devil there, Jefferson had snapped at her -- but his frustration subsided quickly and he'd apologized. Apologized! Even then, even in the most subtle changes of his behavior, he could see the olive-eyed goddess' influence. At first, he'd been upset. As time progressed, however, he'd adapted and grown to like it -- and with that, made more effort to learn from her further.

How much she could change the tyrant for good, he didn't know. The one-eyed beast bore far too many scars to be changed permanently; there was no going back for the sinner. He was a rapist, a blasphemer, a murderer. He was not to be forgiven, but apparently he was to be loved somehow instead.

"I'm tired of fighting," he said quietly after releasing a long, contented sigh. The cyclops could feel her heart pounding against his chest as she delightfully remained there; the Patriarch's smile twitched at the thought, but he hid it from being too obvious. "I was tired of arguing against you, I guess. I gave up." And gave in. Single eye staring up at the clouds, he pondered a moment before snickering to himself at his own thoughts in contrast to hers, "You are worth it, you know." "...I was going to say you had low standards, but I guess it's too late for that, isn't it."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread