That ain't no way to go
[html]

The pale silver wolf was always happy to make new friends. He loved meeting new people, and he was a truly social creature at heart. Interaction made the gray canine thrive more than anything, and he enjoyed friendly company. He grinned at her as she spoke of his name as odd, and he nodded. "Well, it's really old, actually! My father never really liked it, because it's from a different religion, but my mamma, well, she had her way when it came to naming me," he explained, referring to his parents as if he was still a small child under their care.

"Charon was the ferryman, the one who took you across the river if you paid him," he explained, hoping she had a vague grasp on ancient mythology. It was a common concept in many of the human books he had read, and it did not take too much searching to encounter that particular myth. He smiled, liking that he knew the secret history of his name—Narke, his mother, had told him to never mention the story to his father. Char certainly knew better than to disobey his mother and betray her to his father; he knew the sting of his father's belt and he did not want his precious mother to experience the same thing.

The cloudy canine was rather impressed with the idea of owning a whale; his indigo eyes widened and his mouth opened a little, his jaw dropping open in awe. "What kind of whale? How do you own a whale? Oh, man, I really hope he comes out today," the wolf rambled excitedly, rapid-firing questions at Ember and seeming generally elated at the idea of seeing a whale up-close. He'd read about them in books, he'd seen pictures, and yes, he'd tasted whale flesh, but he'd never seen a live one up close before.

Table thanks to James.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread