That ain't no way to go
[html]
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42 ... est-26.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:0px;background-color:#001a36;background-position:bottom;">
         Char was a rather open-minded creature when it came to others, and he was fascinated by differing beliefs. He had never known there were options other than his parents' god—some wolves believed in many gods, and others held no god at all! These concepts were absolutely wonderful to the silvery wolf, who had been raised exclusively on his parents' brand of semi-Christian monotheism. There were elements of Native American beliefs smattered here and there, but the majority of their religion came directly from the Christian bible, and it had been part of the Amrithai tradition to read passages from it on a daily basis. They blessed their meals and prayed, but Char had left all of that behind him now, though the fear of god was certainly still in him.

He sympathized with Ember, then—Charon wasn't a really fitting name for him, then, since he surely wasn't paid anything and he didn't know a damn thing about boats. If he had a ferry, he wouldn't be able to transport anyone anywhere. "Aww, at least you grew into yours. I don't think I'll ever really be like Charon," he said with a snort, shaking his ash-colored head slowly. It didn't bother him too much—aside from the meaning not fitting him too well, he really liked his name. It was his, after all. He couldn't imagine disliking one's name.

With the added talk of the whale, the silvery wolf's face showed interest, his ears pricking as he intently listened to what the sable woman had to say. Some of her concepts were strange—a spirit guide? Aniwaya?—but it was still so cool that she had a whale for a friend. "That's still really cool! Maybe if you needed to cross the ocean, he would let you ride on his back," Char blurted, before thinking about how uncomfortable and wet that ride would be. "I dunno, I've never had an animal follow me around, or anything like that, really," he said, looking confused. "How do you get a spirit guide? Does Aniwaya give them to you?" he questioned relentlessly, too intrigued by this whole idea to drop it.

thanks to jael for the table!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread