things like that drive me out of my mind
[html]

Sorry for the failwait. . . College started and I moved into my dorm so I was on absence. 300+ words.

I am just a shipwreck upon your shore

Well, it quickly became evident the alabastor wolf did not seem particularly friendly. Vigilante was, admittedly, not fond of her accusatory tone when she turned the question back on him. He had no problem answering it, but she did not need to seem so hostile about it. It was a common thing for him to not be trusted upon first sight, since he had killed many and was feared in his home lands, and everyone here seemed to be very defensive when it came to strangers. It was a good thing, of course, to not freely give yourself over to anyone who happened to walk by you. Still, the earthen-hued man did not think it was necessary to be so unpleasant over being asked a simple question.

"I apologize if my presence is not welcomed. I can leave, if you would prefer to be left alone," he offered, his tone remaining as polite and formal as always. Despite her tone, he would not act rudely towards her. She had every right to be wary of him, he supposed, although he did wish she had been more receptive towards his words, since he had been hoping to try out a new conversation starter. Unfortunately, Vigilante still viewed himself as socially awkward, and he was very self-concious of that fact. Pushing off of his perch against the tree, he offered her his right hand, hoping the gesture would be enough to relax her so that he could try and redeem his image, in her eyes. Like most, he cared what others thought of him, but unlike many, he was willing to admit this.

"Vigilante Haskel. I do not frequently come here, but I do like to explore the lands around Cour des miracles, so it's very common for me to be out and about like this," he explained. Hopefully the explanation would be enough for the white female. Since she obviously did not want his company openly, then he felt that he did not owe her much of an explanation. If she turned out to be friendly enough, then maybe this excursion would have been worth it, because he did not want to be returning to his pack with the same feelings of being lonely he had left with. He only wanted a little company.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread