crossing the 45th parallel
Sounds good to me... maybe I'll remember wtf I'm supposed to do in my psychology class for Tuesday while we're at it. >_>;;;
[html]
Even though he had heard the sound of someone walking up on him, Hezekiah didn’t stir. He drifted back and forth over the thin line between lucidity and unconsciousness, dipping once into the realm of dreams before bobbing back up at the absence of sound. Where he was lying wasn’t hardly comfortable, but it was better than being flat out on the ground and open to anything. His slight build was just right for the curve of the tree as it rose from the ground, so his back wasn’t open to anything that might have viewed him as a snack. A monster maybe, like a bear. Or maybe something else; lore wasn’t too far behind the reality of what was out there. That was when he heard it, that soft little rasp, almost drowned out by the ringing in his ears.

Even if it seemed like things happened very quickly, he came around slowly, at first opening his pale blue eyes to focus on nothing at all. The world was shadowy and blurry, indistinguishable from the splash of colour (or lack thereof) behind his eyelids. But where there should have been light through the forest, there was some sort of darkness. He blinked once, then twice, drawing things into a much sharper focus for a moment before it doubled and lost detail. That darkness had a peculiar shape to it, almost canine. But things were far too fuzzy for him to tell the difference between limb and animal, and all he really saw was an almost canine with a crown of branches of leaves. Surely that wasn’t real.

Instead of making any intelligent sounds at it, he groaned, and then opted to close his eyes again.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread