crossing the 45th parallel
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_columbus.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Aww, worse comes to worse, save it for the very tail end of everything and force yourself through it. <3 But even so, I'm right with you--I'm sure I need science and math classes to graduate, but I haven't taken any and I'm in my third semester already. >__>;; I don't really care about graduating, I'm in it for the health insurance. XD I powerplayed him leaning on her and the beginning of the walk, hope it's alright. In your next post they could find the borders, and in mine after that I'll have her call for a leader and such. Big Grin

The coyote hybrid had been quite active in patrolling the borders as of late, though she certainly did not intercept every coyote to stroll into their midst. Most of them seemed to be in need of a place to stay more than Inferni needed their presence, but in that there was always the simple hope that the newcomers to the clan would last longer than just a few months, a few weeks. Just because a coyote came to the clan in a weakened state did not mean that such a state would persist. Even a half-dead coyote would grow stronger and eventually give back to the clan—and that was just Kaena's hope here. Even if it didn't come immediately and this man was simply passing through, in some years time he might return again, remembering the kindness someone once showed him.

The silvery canine again offered him a nod of her scarred head, immediately beginning the shift to her Secui form, figuring it was best for their purposes, offering a larger side and shoulder to lean against. It was a lesser-used form of hers, preferred for fighting, but it had its rare other uses, it seemed. The hybrid shrank in size, falling forward onto her hands as her fingers sucked back up and became fatter rather than longer, her deadly claws retracted into the paw. She was done in a moment, turning and offering the younger creature her scarred shoulder. Though her eldest son had given her those slashing marks, there was forgiveness in her heart, and an ache for the lost child, the only remnant of Zulifer Yfel left in the whole wide world.

The tawny coyote did not seem enthused or derisive toward the idea of a clan made up of his kind, but nonetheless, Kaena wished he might grow acclimated to Inferni and the creatures who lived there. She hardly wished to pressure him; he was in such a sorry state the hybrid woman had certainly pitied him. The silver woman had known hardship in her young life, too—and generally such a thing did not bode well for the rest of one's existence, if her scarred face was any indication. Still, there were other paths to walk rather than the one she'd chosen, and perhaps things for Hezekiah would turn out better than they had for Kaena. There was warmth against her uninjured shoulder, and he leaned against her, although not too heavily. They began walking at a slow, steady pace—the limping old woman and her younger, injured companion. "How did you get these wounds, Hezekiah?" she asked, wishing to make conversation as they walked.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread