outside it's armageddon.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
OMG I SUCK I SUCK I SUCK. I totally forgot I said I would start this, and I even freaking put it on my postlog. Well, that scrolling div in there is going bye-bye, since I think I'm on top enough of my threads to not need to scroll down but apparently I am definitely not. D: I'm so sorry. <3

Ohayy, if you were directed here via a link relative to Kae's cave, that's because this post has descriptionz of Kae's cave. =D

There was rain again. It drummed on the earth outside steadily, filling the hybrid woman's ears as she rearranged things in her cave. After a long time sleeping in Gabriel's cave and on the coast (when it wasn't pouring buckets outside) the hybrid woman had finally decide to break out on her own, figuring she'd intruded on her son long enough. The hub of Inferni seemed like the best place to settle, since there were many coyotes here and it was perhaps the safest place, but Kaena had wavered on this point for some time, wondering if the less-inhabited mansion would be better, since there were fewer faces to intrude on her much-needed solitude there. But Kaena was not accustomed to sleeping in human arrangements, and ultimately she decided that she would rather live in the wilderness than in a man-made dwelling.

The silvery canine was awake, though it was growing late in the day and the sun was surely halfway set behind the clouds. Thunder rumbled in the distance, and lightning illuminated the mouth of the cave for an instant, but by the time Kaena glanced up, the world was swallowed back up by the darkness again. The hybrid woman was quick to go back to her work, which was rather simple and mostly involved neurotically re-arranging things over and over again. She did not have many possessions here—there was a tattered army blanket in the corner, stiff wool with a hole in it, and a flat, dirty pillow, both things she'd scrounged from the city. This served as her bed, though she usually just shifted to her lupus form and shoved the pillow aside, curling up on the blanket. Though Kaena had seen a few mattresses in her outings to the human world, none were in good condition, and she had left them where they were rotting.

Her sleeping area was elevated from the rest of the cave, and behind it a smaller, higher area, too cramped for a coyote but perfect for the few important items she had. Naniko's jar of healing stuff sat against the wall, almost gone since she'd used most of it as a salve for her Haku-inflicted wounds. It had worked well in conjunction with the ocean's water. Next to that were the pair of sparking rocks she'd found in the corner of the bay, in that ancient human place far from the city. She hadn't found much use for them yet, since she still had some matches, but when they ran out, perhaps those rocks would be useful. Beside that sat the tattooing items, ready and waiting for Halo. The coyote was not impatient; she looked forward to the necklace but she was also quite excited to have another coyote bear their symbol, striking the chaos star into another's flesh. The bottles she'd gotten from the city gleamed in the dim light, both of them still unopened.

Beside that, Kaena's two knives sat—one was the common utility knife the same thing she'd used to cut her own fur before when it needed trimming. The other was a glittering ritual dagger, glistening sharp and half-hidden by a ripped piece of cloth. She'd cleaned her own blood from the thing, and it disgusted and fascinated her at the same time. The silver woman wanted badly to pitch the thing into the ocean, but she could not, try as she might. Maybe she would find a use for it, someday. Her tattered canvas bag was next to her blanket, crumpled and emptied of everything, and there was a single, thick candle with three wicks sticking up from it, all three of them burning brightly, casting a dim, flickering into her cave. She sighed softly, her golden eye roving over these things. A sense of contentment overtook the ashen hybrid at last, and she settled down near the entrance of the cave, peering into the rainy darkness, listening to the dull roar of thunder.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread