outside it's armageddon.
[html]
AAAH I THOUGHT I REPLIED LAST NIGHT. I am so sorry. D: Lmfao, and I had another one here! I typed shit instead of she. -giggles-

Recovery was always the worst part of fighting for the silvery hybrid. She enjoyed the brutality of battle, the vicious whirlwind of the fight—but there was the lull afterward, there was limping away, pained and strength waning. There were days, weeks, months even, spent recuperating from injury. As she aged, it had grown no easier. Maybe if she were a younger canine, facing Haku would not have damaged her so badly. Even so, perhaps then, she would not have walked away at all. The hybrid woman had the distinct feeling it was only her experience which had allowed her to live, and nothing more. This brought a chill to her soul, even as she smiled warmly and welcomed the sodden coyote into her cave. It was already slightly damp inside anyway, and most of Kaena's things were toward the back. She nodded her head, stepping back for the coppery woman to shake off. As her de le Poer eyes returned to Kaena's body, they became slits, intensive and inspecting every inch of the silvery hybrid's body. There were new marks across it, adding to the already ripped and knotted flesh on the elder hybrid. They were as everything else on her body—proof of her survival, proof of her worth.

The coyote woman stood silently for this, almost wanting to whirl around and show she was quite alright. Still, there were vile thoughts in her head, lurking reminiscent images of her recent fights and the tidal wave of emotion and churning thought they had set loose within the hybrid woman. She smiled again at Halo, beckoning for her to come further inside, heading there herself. The silver canine spoke casually as she turned. "Just a couple scuffles and scratches, is all." She shrugged her shoulder, causing a small ripple of pain to shiver up it. "Jezebel's taken pretty good care of me," she said. There was that, and the herbs from Naniko—and of course, her old standby, the salt water. Before Inferni had a healer, she would simply soak in the ocean's waves for some hours a day, letting the most natural remedy cure her injuries. This way was much faster, though—and she had lost consciousness upon making it to Inferni, hadn't she? Without Jezebel and Gabriel to cart her home, she might have died in the rain that night.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread