outside it's armageddon.
[html]
<333 I loves you. Big Grin And I forgot, it was going to be the tooth with a hole drilled for the necklace, on what kind of cord? D: I R bad. Hooray for vague descriptions!

The ash-colored hybrid did not like to contemplate her death, not anymore. In her youth she had pursued him readily, eager to walk down that foggy road toward him. Now, things had shifted dramatically, and she feared death. She did not wish to leave this earth, though she had lived a long life—she was not ready for it to be over, and she wanted to exist forever. Live forever. That phrase was delicious to her mind, and she wondered how one might accomplish such a thing. Ancient men had quested for places and objects that would yield immortality, but none had succeeded, had they? Or if they did succeed, it was in some figurative way, through legend or story of their quest for everlasting life, and the men themselves died of old age or sickness in their bed.

That thought was disdainful as any, the thought of perishing as an old, frail woman. There was something of a viking in Kaena, lusting for the battle-death. Only, for Kaena, the afterlife was an unknown. Would she remain with her family, haunting each passing generation? Would she simply vanish? Was there something or someone waiting on the other side for her? Honestly, truly—wandering so close to the razor edge of the unknown had been horrifying. She was still rattled by it, though speaking of him and the fight was done with ease. She still moved slowly, the healing injuries still hobbling her. At Halo's words the hybrid smirked, thinking of his lifeless body thumping to the ground in front of her. "Doubt he'll be troubling anyone again." Cryptic enough. True, there was no body—no body, a fearful voice in her head repeated—but maybe someone had come to remove it.

Her eye brightened and she turned back to Halo, watching her as she removed the necklace, the sun-yellow gaze already focused on the pretty thing her grand-daughter had crafted. There was that sallow tooth, the one she had pried from a dead man's mouth in her feverish injury. It dangled in the air in front of the older hybrid, dancing and shining in the flickering candlelight. The elder canine smiled, her yellow gaze shifting to Halo after a moment spent admiring the work. There was a tiny hole drilled in the upper part of the tooth with a tiny silver ring there, certainly a far better hold on the precious item than the silver canine could have crafted. "It's lovely. Will you please put it on me?" the hybrid asked. She was not certain she knew how to work the clasp, and she did not want to struggle with it (or maybe even break it unintentionally).

Table by James
[/html]

Messages In This Thread